JOB TITLE: Office Administrative Intern
REPORTS TO: Executive Assistant/Office Manager/Finance and HR Manager
JOB SUMMARY: The Office Administrative Intern is responsible for administrative duties like performing data entry, receiving phone calls, files management, assisting in preparation of various documents, and various other administrative duties specified by Office and Finance Manager. Excellent verbal and written communication skills and friendly customer service is a must. This position provides administrative support to all the General Administrative and Donor Care teams.
Each intern is supported by the Volunteer Coordinator, who manages the internship experience.
This is not a remote position.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Exemplary customer service skills and attitude, poised, knowledgeable, caring professional.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, as well as the ability to manage time and adhere to deadlines
- Able to work independently and multitask
- Detail-oriented, organized, and effective problem solver
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and general office equipment
- A high level of sensitivity when dealing with staff, donors, volunteers, wish families, and board members
- Must be adaptable, self-motivated, and able to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment
Communicate effectively in person or using telecommunications equipment
- Sitting position while performing office tasks and while driving
- Ability to type on computer keyboard and use computer mouse
- Write documents and reports using a writing instrument or computer
- Reads and visually verifies information often in small print
- Travel to fulfill of administrative/finance duties, as needed
- Make-A-Wish Arizona business hours are Monday-Thursday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Friday 8:30 a.m.- Noon p.m., with breaks per company policy
How to apply:
The Make-A-Wish Arizona internship program is designed for young professionals with the goal of being a leader in the nonprofit sector. All interns must be 18 years of age or older. Interested applicants should submit the following materials to [email protected].
- Cover letter indicating semester internship of interest (Spring, Summer or Fall)
*Applications without these components will not be considered. Please specify the position and semester you are applying for in your cover letter. All our internships offer valuable work experience and the possibility of college credit. Please no phone calls.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Vision:
Make-A-Wish is committed to championing diversity, equity and inclusion, fostering an organization that is accessible and welcoming. In turn, we are uniting communities to help make more wishes possible.
- Our mission is most effectively fulfilled through a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion as core values and practice.
- It is only through our mosaic of different cultures, perspectives and experiences that we can grant life-changing wishes to every eligible child.
- As the world’s largest wish-granting organization we stand against racism and intolerance and are committed to representation and acceptance, creating a sense of belonging, and practicing fairness in creating opportunities for our wish families, volunteers and staff.